Water damaged restoration is a process which is required after there is a water damage to your property. In this process, professionally trained staff from water damage restoration companies use proper tools and equipment to dry off water after inspection.
There are many companies which are working in this regard. Basically the water restoration is the process which helps you to overcome the damage that water has caused. They help to restore our houses from damage and to make our homes livable again. Because after any water damaged you have to clean up your house on urgent basis.
This is why, if the water stays at your home, its moisture does not only damage the floor but it also stays there to produce bacteria and many other fungal diseases. If that happens, it can cause many diseases like illness, bad health effects and allergic problems. Water restoration process is not as easy as it sounds. To dry off the water from your home is not an easy task because it requires special skills and training.
At homes there are a lot of materials which help the water to absorb in them and hence cause bad odors. Water restoration is the process which may be different on different sites i.e. it may be just vacuuming or to maintain the whole destructed area. Sometimes, the water damage becomes so severe at homes that it can destroy the walls, carpets or any other woodwork over time. Such damage does not need any repairing, but it needs total replacement. If you cannot change or remove such materials they can cause many diseases after drying and produce harbor mold.
Best companies for water restoration
There are a number of water restoration companies that are working to save your home from water damage destruction. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification is the department which helps restore your home from water damage. This company assures you and your home are safe from the after effects of water damage. They hire only certified employees for their organization to give complete assurance to your home and keep your family safe and sound.
Their duties to save you from many accidents like fire damaged, water damaged, storm damage and sewage problems etc. The need arises for restoration when you are facing problems like burst pipe and water floods and many other similar disasters. Those companies that are associated with these problems work in a very professional way to clean off your premises.
Cleaning process usually consists of 5 steps. Those steps start with the inspection of the selected area and end with the complete assurance to restore your home. Each step is very important because every step ensures that all the water and harbor molds are completely removed.
Steps to water restoration process
There are usually five main steps to water damaged restoration process. Because the purpose of all the steps to make sure that all the water removed from the destructed area properly. (1)
- Those steps are based on ensuring to save you from damage. The first of all steps is the inspection of the damaged area. In this step, the members of the company assess the problems which have been occurred from water damage. In simple words, they classify the damage which needs maintenance. They can determine the problem from hygrometer and moisture scourers. In this step, they measure how much water can be absorbed. After that, they can make an estimated cost and this cost is totally based on the damaged that is caused by whatsoever reasons.
- The next step is the process of restoration. In this process, they remove all the water from your home. Especially from the basement because it is probably the most difficult task. Because the flooded water can cause the harbor mold.
So you have to get the water removed on priority basis. Because longer the water stays in your house, more damaged it can cause which is not good for only your home and your general health. These companies help to remove the water from your home through extractors. Such extractors are highly powered and make sure to remove all the water. Those extractors may consists of portable wet/ dry vacuums, submersible pumps etc.
- Third step is the process of drying after all the water has been dried off. In this process, the company workers dry and dehumidify the damaged area. In this step, all the damaged water is removed which is present in the damaged area. They use the industrial quality air for drying. (2)
- Now comes the cleaning part. The workers clean the entire house properly and they make sure that no water is left which may cause any bacteria and mold later. They not only clean your house but they also sanitize it and after sanitizing, the effect of any bacteria ends up. They can sanitize through different ways which includes using different kinds of wipes etc.
- At the last step, the workers make sure that your home is now ready to stay as it was before the water damage.
Cost of water damaged restoration (2)
Water damaged restoration makes sure that all the water which damaged your home and made your life tough is completely removed. Two main steps are involved in restoration which is water extraction and cleanup and the other is repairing the damaged area. The cost for the restoration depends upon the damaged area. Higher the damaged area, higher will be the cost. The average rate for restoring the damage is about two thousand dollars to the five thousand dollars. The average national cost is about three thousand dollars.
The cost depends upon the area which requires restoration. The cost for roof repairing is about seven hundred and fifty dollars. The bathroom leakage repair cost is about two hundred and fifty dollars. Flooded laundry costs one thousand dollars to three thousand dollars while the basement repairing cost is about one thousand and five hundred dollars. The family room costs about six hundred and fifty dollars to one thousand five hundred dollars.